Under 25 and love music? Help shape the future of the music industry!
MusicNSW is searching for young people who are passionate about music and all-ages gigs to form a new advisory committee. Made up of excellent music minds aged 12-25, the Young People committee will advise MusicNSW through meetings and an online group on programs tailored for young people, and help develop an exciting new all-ages music program launching later this year. This is an unpaid role and all applicants will be notified by February 20, 2019.
Young People Committee Members
WHAT YOU’LL GET AS A COMMITTEE MEMBER
- Experience in programming music events and event production
- A personalised reference from MusicNSW
- Potential access to further industry internships and professional development opportunities
- A chance to tour music industry workspaces such as triple j Unearthed, Oxford Art Factory, Happy Mag and FBi Radio
- Access to discounted event tickets and more!
Committee members must be available to attend:
- 4 meetings in 2019 at the MusicNSW office in Glebe (regional applicants can Skype into the meetings)
Meeting location: MusicNSW office, 62 Glebe Point Rd, Glebe, NSW
Meeting dates: February 26, May (date TBC), July (date TBC) & August (date TBC) 2019
Meeting time: Early evening
- 6 all-ages gigs in 2019 programmed by the Committee (as many as possible)
Gig location: 107 Projects, Redfern
Gig dates: April 6, May 4, June 22, July 20, August 23 & 24, 2019.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A love for music and all-ages events
- Experience in the music industry or music events
- Be a member of MusicNSW (sign up for free here)
Applications close February 18, 2019.
Image credit: The Nah at the 2018 Indent Tour by Lazy Bones Photo