QANTAS has announced changes to their existing musical instrument policy, through a dedicated Musicians Additional Baggage Allowance which sets out to assist artists when travelling with a musical instrument or touring equipment.
The offer includes a free baggage allowance of three pieces (at 23kgs per piece) for artists. This baggage allowance is available on Qantas and QantasLink domestic services (within Australia with a ‘QF’ flight number operated by Qantas).
The offer applies to flights departing on or after 13 April 2015 and must be booked two or more business days prior to departure.
To be eligible for this offer, the musician must be travelling with a musical instrument or touring equipment and be a current member of one of the following eligible musical associations;
• Association of Artist Managers
• Australian Independent Record Labels Association
• The Australasian Performing Right Association
• The Australian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society
• Live Performance Australia
• Musicians Union of Australia
• Country Music Association of Australia
• Folk Alliance
• Australian Chamber Orchestra
• Opera Australia
• AMIN’s member organisations: Queensland Music Network, Music Tasmania, Music NSW, Music NT, Music Victoria and The Western Australian Music Industry Association.
To read the fact sheet from QANTAS, including details on how to claim the extra baggage, read more here: Changes-to-Qantas-Carriage-of-Musical-Instrument-Policy