As celebrations get underway for National Youth Week, Indent – The Hub for All-ages Entertainment in NSW is pleased to announce the winners of the Indent Awards, acknowledging young event organisers positive contributions to their community.
The Indent Awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of young event promoters who engage in creating drug and alcohol-free all-ages entertainment in their local community.
The Indent events are funded through the annual Indent Partnership Grant program that encourages young people to form Indent event organising committees with support from local community organisations or council.
Success applicants are eligible to undertake Indent event management workshops with key music industry professionals.
Indent Award Winners:
– Indent Event Award – For the best event produced by an Indent Committee
Winner: SnowSessions 2005 – Newcastle Palais
– Indent Committee of the Year Award – For the best Indent Committee
Winner: Joint winners – Rock Up, Bathurst & Orange
– Indent Young entrepreneur – For the best young entrepreneur
Winner: Andrew Green
– Indent Support Award – For the best support for an Indent Committee by a support organisation
Winner: Agata Furniss and Nathan Speckman – Burwood Council
– Indent All Ages Award – For the best all ages gig in NSW
Winner: Joint winners – Down The Park 05 (Sutherland Shire Council) / Fishers Gig (Campbelltown City Council)
– Indent Youth Media Award – For the best media or promotional material published by a young person in NSW
Winner: The Greatest Fitz CD Compilation: Ignite Indent Committee (Kuringai Council)
– Community Achievement Award – For the Indent committee who make the biggest overall impact on their local Community.
Winner: Upper Hunter Indent, Musswellbrook