Eight emerging songwriters and composers will be given a career break thanks to the 2011 Professional Development Awards (PDA), proudly presented by APRA.
Supporting emerging songwriters and composers, APRA in conjunction with music organisations and educational institutions, are pleased to be involved in the development of music creators at the early stages of their career.
Open to all emerging songwriters and composers, each PDA winner will receive a prize package made up of cash, product, travel, education and recognition, valued at over $25,000.
The APRA Professional Development Awards are held every two years and is given to eight emerging songwriters and composers across six categories:
Popular Contemporary (3 Awards are given in this category including Pop, Rock, Blues, Folk, Hip Hop, Dance and R&B)
Film and Television
All PDA award winners will take home this life changing prize package:
• $12,000 cash and Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch + Logic Studio courtesy of APRA|AMCOS
• Full day of studio time, including engineer, at Studios 301
• Distribution deal with MGM/Leading Edge (Popular Contemporary, Country, Film & TV, Indigenous winners only)
• Digital distribution courtesy MGM (Popular Contemporary, Country, Film & TV, Indigenous winners only)
• Digital distribution courtesy ABC Music (Jazz and Classical Award winners only)
• PCR300 Controller Keyboard and DR80C Condensor Microphone courtesy of Roland
• A unit of study in the Australian Institute of Music’s (AIM) Bachelor of Music Program.
• Attendance at the Seed Workshop (for 3 x popular contemporary winners only) courtesy of The Seed – an arts grant fund
• Attendance at the ASCAP US Film & TV Workshop (for Film & TV winner only) courtesy of ASCAP
Two additional awards offered in 2011
In association with the Professional Development Awards, APRA has partnered with the Big Day Out and the University of Tasmania as they present:
Jessica Michalik Contemporary Music Endowment, and
UTAS Stephen Schwartz Songwriting Award
Each award will provide a promising Australian songwriter or group with development grants of $10,000.
– Applications open: Wednesday 13 October 2010
– Applications close: Monday 29 November
– Winner announced March 2011
For information including entry forms and terms & conditions head to www.apra-amcos.com.au/pda