Back by popular demand, learn from more key US players in our 2nd Labels and A&R Masterclass.
Participate in an interactive discussion and Q&A with some of the top label reps in Los Angeles.
Why you should attend:
- Hear about the current state of A&R activity leading into 2011.
- Learn how to get the attention of US labels in a competitive and shrinking market.
- Understand who the key decisionmakers in the sector are and how to reach them.
- Receive direct advice, tips, do’s and don’ts for pitching your music.
- Understand the current makeup of a record deal in 2010.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the difference between DIY Vs signing with a label in the current market.
- Take part in a detailed discussion of case studies relevant to your needs.
- Network with others in the local music industry.
Joining us live from Los Angeles:
- Austrade Los Angeles’, Peter Cohen is best known from his work as an A&R rep with Sony Music and with the TV series’ Rock Star: INXS & Supernova, and The Road to Stardom with Missy Elliott.
- Jeff Levan– Davis Shapiro Lewit & Hayes, LLP. Attorney with powerhouse US entertainment law firm specialising in music deals, digital rights, and branded entertainment. Clients include White Stripes, Linkin Park, Paramore, Timbaland.
- Michael Howe – Downtown Records. A&R executive with successful and well respected US independent label whose diverse artists roster include Gnarls Barkley, Scissor Sisters, Mos Def, David Gray.
- More speakers to be announced.
Wednesday 17th November 2010
Sydney 11:00am – 1:00pm
Cost: Attendance costs $55.
Limited places – register now.
Don’t miss out on the insights at this industry masterclass.
Who should attend?
- Record labels
- Music publishers