The Australia Council’s Music Board have announced results of its latest grant rounds. Among the highlights were PVT for a tour of the US, Canada and Europe; Perry Keyes to create music and songs for an upcoming production by Urban Theatre Projects; and Sandtracks, a remote Indigenous contemporary music touring program across WA, SA and NT borders.
In all $807,000 was allocated across 66 projects. Other artists recently funded by the Music Board include:
· Contribution to international tours by 11 artists including PVT, Washington, Cloud Control and Mia Dyson through International Pathways
· Support for the development of new work by Blank Realm, Karoshi, Pikelet, Fabulous Diamonds and Dot.AY through Soundclash
· Funding for new work from Perry Keyes, Gian Slater and The Firekites through the general New Work category
· Support for various festivals including The Dreaming, What is Music and Electrofringe;
· Contributions to Sandtracks, a remote area Indigenous touring project; and The Cad Factory for a series of concerts in regional NSW,
· Funding to New Weird Australia for various activities; and to Cyclic Defrost for publication of the magazine.
The board were assisted by a number of specialist peers including Shellie Morris, Lucy Phelan ( Naked on the Vague), Pip Branson, Arne Hanna and manager Bernadette Ryan.
Full details of what was funded can be found at www.australiacouncil.gov.au/the_arts/music.