In concert with the Executive Officer, this position also contributes to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices. You will work with the Executive Officer to increase the Association’s capacity and facilitate the determination and execution of the strategic direction and objectives of MusicNSW and deliver, manage and monitor them against the Association’s KPIs.
• Ensure all responsibilities related to the Association’s funding are met.
• Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
• Manage the Association’s budget in coordination with the Executive Officer.
• Continuously improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the Association’s mission – specifically, to support better management reporting, business process and organisational planning.
• Oversee develop planning and reporting procedures against the business plan and operational plans and their stated KPIs.
• Maintain progressive financial and project governance, through effective project management procedures, financial management procedures, regular reporting and analysis of figures and statistical data, accurate budgeting and approval systems.
• Deliver progressive Human Resources Management, incorporating progressive communication strategies, performance management, staff development planning, recruitment and succession plans, and delivery of both OH&S and EEO Policies.
• Ensure good fiscal governance through applying accounting procedures that adhere to generally accepted accounting standards, timely reporting processes, effective budgeting processes, appropriate financial controls and facilitating an independent annual audit.
• Maintain the Association’s governance through roles and responsibility documentation, recruitment and succession plans and policy and procedure documentation.
• Demonstrated experience in planning processes, and KPI reporting.
• Demonstrated financial management skills, including a working knowledge of MYOB.
• Demonstrated understanding of grant/funding structures and priorities and ability to negotiate confidently.
• Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management, implementing best practice standards.
• Proven people management and organisational skills.
• High-level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in a senior management role in a not-for-profit and Committee governed organisation.
• An understanding of and experience in the contemporary music industry.
Web Site: www.musicnsw.comApplications
To apply for this position email your CV with a Cover Letter and a statement addressing the selection criteria on or before 4 October 2011 to:
PO Box k497
Haymarket NSW 1240
Ph. 02 9281 1600