The British Council’s Realise Your Dream awards are celebrating 10 years this year, and the 2012 awards are proving to be bigger and better than ever!
Realise Your Dreams is known for recognising Australia’s most promising emerging talent by fostering artists through career development in the UK creative industries, allowing Australian creatives to build networks in the UK and expand musical career.
Realise Your Dream has sent over 40 award winners to the UK so far, many of whom now claim their success is due largely to the connections they cemented whilst in the UK.
This year there will be three types of awards. Winners will receive the following:
- $10,000 to assist with expenses in the UK
- A return Virgin Atlantic economy flight to London
- A tailored professional development programme, devised in consultation with the British Council
Realise Your Dream is open to citizens and permanent residents of Australia in their emerging years of professional creative practice. This means that you should be working within the first 10 years of your career – or since you finished your undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Realise Your Dream is looking for applicants who show innovation and leadership in their field, can demonstrate their creative potential, and have a clear vision for their practice and for how it will benefit from a professional development trip to the UK.
Applicants must be holders of, or eligible for, a passport and any necessary visas for the UK. Applicants can be working in any of these fields: advertising; animation; architecture; broadcasting; communications; craft; design; digital media; fashion; film; literature; music; object design; performing arts; photography; publishing; visual art… or any other industry where creativity plays an important role.
- Applicants must complete the online application form addressing a number of selection criteria
- Applicants should attach their support material to the application form
- Entries should be submitted by 11:59pm AEST Sunday 3 June 2012