A fantastic opportunity exists at MusicNSW for an enthusiastic project coordinator, passionate about live music, youth culture and events.
MusicNSW is a not-for-profit association representing contemporary music in NSW. We exist to support the creative and economic expansion of the contemporary music sector within NSW. Indent has been set up to help young people (13 – 25) in NSW drug and alcohol free all-ages entertainment, and is a project of MusicNSW.
The Project Coordinator is engaged to ensure continued support for the Music NSW Project Manager, the Indent project as well as other initiatives within the Music NSW calendar.
Reporting to the Project Manager and the Executive Officer, this position’s primary responsibility is to support the delivery of a number of events and develop resources that support all ages entertainment in NSW.
This is an incredible opportunity for people who are interested in live music, increasing opportunities for young people throughout NSW and building networks and relationships within the music industry.
This is a Part Time role, with flexible working days and the opportunity for travel and professional development.
Click through for the full job description and application details.
The MusicNSW Project Coordinator will be responsible for:
• Managing the delivery of the Indent Partnership Grants program to community based teams across the state
• Working directly with young people and communities across NSW to develop all ages entertainment
• Managing external stakeholders of the Indent project including industry and media partners, funding bodies and artists.
• Managing skills development programs and workshops for young people across NSW
• Providing online resources and information to assist in developing music industry skills and knowledge.
• Assist the Project Manager and MusicNSW management as required.
• Supporting the Project Manager with logistical assistance, i.e. travel arrangements, catering, etc.
• the project coordinator will liaise with the production manager and project manager on all aspects of the Indent regional tour, including backline, scheduling, venue hire and volunteer coordination.
• Working directly with young people around the state on all MusicNSW events
SELECTION CRITERIA & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Along with your CV, please respond to the following selection criteria in a separate document.
Your application will not be considered without responses to the following:
• Demonstrate a well-rounded knowledge of contemporary music and youth trends
• Experience with and understanding of basic event management with particular reference to live music.
• Demonstrate an interest or experience in youth events (please note, a Working With Children check will be required)
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively
• 1-2 years at a minimum experience in a music, events or not-for-profit organisation will be highly regarded.
Applications will close on August 5:00 PM August 3, 2012
02 9281 1600