The annual Big Day Out Festival is currently looking for a new Event Assistant Intern. Available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only, this internship offers valuable marketing and event management experience all while working behind-the-scenes of one of Australia’s largest music festivals.
Selection Requirements Include:
- Of Aboriginal or Torres Strait islander descent
- A passion for music and live events
- Some experience and knowledge of the music and entertainment industry
- A demonstrated desire to further skills and career in the music industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to work under pressure (in supportive environment)
- Ability to work long hours and weekends – particularly when travelling with the event
- Available to work in Sydney from agreed start date
Intern Duties Include:
- Festival Administration duties
- Assisting Accreditation / Artists Liaison Manager
- Assisting Event Manager
- Assisting Marketing Director
- Sourcing PR and Marketing materials
- Travelling with National Festival working on all the above
- Regular reporting to the APRA|AMCOS ATSI Music Office
To Apply, email email@example.com with “Event Assistant Intern” in the subject line and attach a cover letter of no more than one A4 page and a current curriculum vitae or resume, including full contact details of two referees.
Applications close on the 29th of August, so apply now!
For more information about Big Day Out 2013, visit their website at: http://www.bigdayout.com/