MusicNSW is currently seeking an Education Officer to work alongside the MusicNSW team to develop existing and future programs that support and develop the NSW contemporary music industry.
The Education Officer’s primary responsibility is to support the delivery of a number of events and develop resources that support the music industry in NSW.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and dynamic person to work in an exciting organisation and industry, with potential for travel, networking and professional development opportunities
The Education Officer will work with existing projects and create new initiatives to provide greater access to information for artists and industry across the state, specifically around developing skills on how to operate within the industry. This may include designing workshops, info sessions and materials in the areas of music industry 101, artist management, music export, music and the law, the business of music and more.
Position: This is a contract position with casual hours (between 15-20hrs per week) and flexible working arrangements for the right candidate
Salary: pro rata of $45,000 – $50,000 p.a. plus 9% superannuation contribution
The MusicNSW Education Officer will be responsible for:
- Identify the learning needs of specific groups within the industry (emerging and established artists, artist managers)
- Design workshops and supporting learning materials, based on the identified needs of those groups within the industry
- Facilitate workshops for emerging and / or established artists, venues, industry professionals
- Source engaging and relevant presenters
- Promote and coordinate workshops
- Identify strategic partnerships with arts and cultural events and organisations
- Evaluate the success of the workshops and supporting materials, through feedback surveys and ongoing conversations with participants
- Work with the Communications Officer to put together promotional plans and retrospective data to gauge the impact of workshops and assist in planning future workshops
- Travel within regional NSW as required, to achieve your KPIs – as planned with the Executive Officer
- Keep up-to-date with music industry trends and be able to plan workshops and educational tools in line with current issues
SELECTION CRITERIA & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Along with your CV, please respond to the following selection criteria in a separate document. Your application will not be considered without responses to the following:
- An understanding of and experience in the contemporary music industry.
- Proven track record in designing and delivering workshops.
- Facilitation skills.
- Proven organisational skills.
- High-level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a budget
- Demonstrated ability to attract, manage and execute grant funding.
- Tertiary qualification in Arts Management, Education, Arts or Music.
Please note, a Working With Children check will be required
Submit all queries and applications by C.O.B Friday November 16th to:
02 9281 1600