A Bluesfest economic impact report conducted by Lawrence Consulting has revealed that Bluesfest contributed an estimated $65.8 million to Gross Regional Product in NSW.
Through the report findings, Bluesfest has released the following statistics:
• A total output of $64.1 million in Byron Shire, $84.2 million in the Northern Rivers and $150.6 million in New South Wales 2012/13.
• Estimated total income (wages and salaries) of $10.8 million in Byron Shire, $15.0 million in the Northern Rivers and $32.8 million in New South Wales in 2012/13. • Approximately 379.3 full time equivalent (FTE) employment positions in Byron Shire, 515.9 FTE’s in the Northern Rivers and 831.4 FTE’s in New South Wales.
• An estimated contribution to Gross Regional Product (GRP) of $28.4 million in Byron Shire, $37.3 million in the Northern Rivers and $65.8 million in New South Wales in 2012/13.
• The estimated contribution to GRP in Byron Shire ($28.4 million) represents approximately 2.1% of the total GRP for Byron Shire.
• Bluesfest Touring 2013 promoted 120 Individual shows across Australia with attendances totaling 93,698
• A record breaking $120,000+ was raised by Bluesfest charity stalls including $50,000+ raised by the Cystic Fibrosis team (CF) bringing the total raised at Bluesfest by CF $315,000 to date.
For more info on Bluesfest head here.