Mushroom Group is looking for a Senior Radio Manager to join its Mushroom Promotions team.
Text taken directly from job description by Mushroom Group:
Position Reports to: National Publicity & Promotions Director
Internal Relationships: Mushroom Promotions team and staff from Frontier Touring, Future Music, Frontier Events, Liberation, Liberator, [PIAS] Australia, Ivy League, Illusive and I Oh You.
External Relationships: Media, Artists, Artist Management, public, service providers
Employment Type: Full time
Job Purpose Summary:
Based from the Melbourne HQ of Mushroom Group and including regular travel to Sydney, this key position oversees all aspects of radio for Australia. This role involves directing and coordinating promotions staff with radio responsibilities while undertaking a key role in directly with commercial radio. Experience in dealing with and servicing commercial radio is essential. The successful applicant will be highly motivated and prepared to direct and develop team members. They will also be extremely organised and innovative in both maintaining and developing reporting and pitching processes.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
– Proven success in dealing with and servicing commercial radio
– Work with label managers and tour coordinators to develop comprehensive and proactive PR plans and timelines for our label releases and touring acts with a view to maximising sales and profile of each
– Coordinate interview time and requirements with artists/management/agents and the Mushroom Promotions team
– Supervise and conduct on-ground promotional schedules and phoner schedules for artists as required
– Develop and maintain relationships with specified media
– Monitor media for coverage relating to all Mushroom Promotions singles, albums, tours and DVDs and compiling media reports
– Respond to enquiries from staff members from Frontier Touring/Events, Future Music, Liberation, Liberator, [PIAS] Australia, Ivy League, Illusive and I Oh You on progress of projects
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
– A minimum of 4 – 5 years’ experience in radio focused publicity and promotions
– A proven ability to develop and maintain good relationships with media
– The ability to prioritise, multi-task and direct and develop staff is essential
– Relevant tertiary qualification desirable but not essential
Submission closing date: close of business Friday 25 April, 2014
Interview process: week commencing Monday 12 May, 2014
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org