The Australian Independent Record Labels Association Ltd t/a AIR seeks the services of Chief Executive officer.
· Develop and maintain the Company’s Strategic and Operational plan and ensure that the Company is performing in accordance with the Plan with annual review and development periods of the Plan in consultation with the Board of Directors.
· Ensure that the Company complies with all legislative obligations.
· Maintain and coordinate all relevant dialogue with the Board of Directors, including coordinating all board meetings and attending to minutes.
· Represent the Company as its spokesperson, in consultation with the Board of Directors.
· Manage the operation and resources of AIR to ensure that the Company’s objectives are met.
· Develop AIR’s profile in support of AIR’s objectives.
· Grow the Company’s capacity to generate income streams, including Sponsorship growth and expand existing collective bargaining relationships.
· Develop and implement strategies to grow the business of the independent sector.
· Manage effective relationships on behalf of the Company with relevant industry stakeholders, government bodies, and politicians.
· Manage AIR’s relationship with its members including effective consultation, development of AIR’s services to members and implement membership growth strategies.
· Develop marketing strategies to increase awareness and engagement, including social media, e-news and website development.
AIR is a national trade association promoting the interests and development of Australian independent musicians, labels and music companies.
Key Strategic Objectives of the organisation include:
· Improved governance and operating procedures
· Fiscal stability
· Development & implementation of a comprehensive communications and marketing plan and collateral
· Effective advocacy
· Export Development
· Collective Bargaining
· Membership growth
· High level administrative skills, including working knowledge of basic office software.
· High-level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated understanding of grant/funding structures and priorities, marketing and sponsorship.
· Music Industry Experience and a demonstrated understanding of the challenges for the development of the music industry in Australia.
· Ability to work within a team environment and direct own work plans to achieve required outcomes.
Please send your written application to email@example.com – applications close 15th September 2014