What is the Generations fellowship?
Generations is a fellowship program in partnership with Create NSW, Powerhouse Museum and Astral People to support artist development across the music industry in NSW.
Three early career solo artists or groups will be selected for a six-month fellowship each during the period 1 February 2020 – 31 December 2021. Each six-month fellowship will be artist-led and developed in partnership with Create NSW, Powerhouse Museum and Astral People.
The program will connect emerging artists in the early stages of their career with established artists supporting intergenerational knowledge and experience within the music industry. Mentors comprising of musicians, songwriters, agents, label and publishing executives will work with the artists during their six-month residency.
Who can apply for funding?
You must meet the following three criteria:
1. Applicant type
- You must be an:
- Australian citizen; or
- permanent resident; and
- an individual/group based in NSW.
2. Arts practice
- You must be either a:
- music producer; or
3. Career stage
- You must self-identify as an early career artist or arts and cultural worker.
- NB: An early career artist or arts and cultural worker is someone who is at the beginning of their career, has created a modest independent body of work but hasn’t yet established a solid reputation as an artist within their artform.
How much funding is available?
The three successful artists or groups will be provided with the following support:
- $25,000 in financial support;
- Studio space for 6 months at the Powerhouse Museum (Ultimo) or Museum Discovery Centre (Castle Hill) during 2020 – 2021: and
- Practical connections with the sector to develop the skills to be entrepreneurs and have autonomy within the industry.
More information on how to apply HERE.