We're on the hunt for a programming and marketing dynamo to join our tight-knit team, get some serious industry experience and be part of the fight for music in NSW. Apply now!
MusicNSW is the state music body for contemporary music in NSW. We are looking for a diligent and enthusiastic all-rounder to join the team to assist with the delivery of our professional development programs. Working alongside MusicNSW’s Executive Producer and Head of Content you will assist with booking speakers for live or digital events, gathering speaker information such as bios and press shots, setting up ticketing and online event pages and coordinating social media posting and marketing.
- Role: Programming & Marketing Assistant
- Hours: 3 days per week (22.5hrs)
- Contract: 12-month fixed term contract
- Location: Sydney, Redfern office
- Start Date: ASAP
- Remuneration: $55k (pro rata), plus superannuation
- Applications due: Midnight 28th April
Note: Travel around NSW may be a necessary part of this role. All accommodation and travel expenses will be covered by MusicNSW, including modest per diems.
The Programming & Marketing Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Executive Producer and Head of Content across a range of MusicNSW programs. MusicNSW has a small core staff, and this role is designed to provide industry experience and develop broad skills for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Booking talent for MusicNSW events,
- Setting up ticketing and promotional activities for MusicNSW events,
- Utilising our website, social media and networks to share relevant industry information,
- Growing and expanding our industry networks across NSW,
- Supporting the Executive Producer to manage and deliver events,
- Supporting the Head of Content with website maintenance, newsletters, and social media channels,
- Supporting Regional Music Officers in delivering their events.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Highly efficient with a diligent work ethic,
- Demonstrated knowledge of the contemporary music industry,
- Proficient in Google Drive and other office software,
- Experience in marketing and social media.
- Experience streaming events,
- Experience with ticketing platforms,
- Interest in learning a range of new skills including grant administration.