MusicNSW is hiring a First Nations Development Coordinator to join our small and dynamic team in Sydney.
The role will oversee the research and development of MusicNSW's First Nations music programs, projects and initiatives, and contribute to the organisation’s sector advocacy across NSW.
Role: First Nations Development Coordinator (Identified position)
Hours: 3 days per week (22.5 hours)
Contract: 12-month maximum term contract
Location: MusicNSW HQ, Gadigal Land, Redfern.
Start Date: ASAP
Remuneration: $75k (pro rata), plus superannuation
Applications due: 4 August, 2021
Note: Travel around NSW may be a necessary part of this role. All accommodation and travel expenses will be covered by MusicNSW, including modest per diems.
One of the key functions of the Development Coordinator role will be developing priority projects for First Nations music development in NSW, including areas such as talent nurturing, artist and business development, professional development and artist export. The role will liaise with First Nations stakeholders, organisations, music industry businesses and professionals and First Nations artists to develop programs for MusicNSW.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and delivering projects and initiatives to drive First Nations music development
- Building networks with First Nations contemporary music industry professionals, organisations and artists in Sydney, Western Sydney and Regional NSW
- Researching and creating a First Nations musicians and industry directory
- Identifying key areas of focus for MusicNSW and participating in general project development
- Input into MusicNSW marketing and communications
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Existing First Nations music industry relationships and connections
- Familiarity and understanding of current best-practice cultural protocols and processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of the contemporary music industry
- Program development experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly efficient with a diligent work ethic
- Experience working with First Nations communities
- An understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and
- An ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Relationship-building and outreach experience
- Experience with working with diverse stakeholders
- Proficient in Google Drive and Office 365
- Experience in running workshops or hosting events
- Experience with policy development
This is an identified position, within the meaning of special measures under subsection 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
If you’re interested in finding out more about this role, please email Laura Murdoch at MusicNSW with your specific questions at email@example.com
MusicNSW operates from the stolen land of the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. We extend our heartfelt respect to elders past, present and emerging.
Always was, always will be.
Image: Ash Berdebes