About AMIN (Australian Music Industry Network)
AMIN connects and represents the state and territory music industry associations of Australia: Music Victoria, MusicNSW, WAM, QMusic, Music NT, Music Tasmania, Music SA and Music ACT.
This network creates a national platform for the representation and delivery of projects for the benefit of the Australian contemporary music industry.
A truly national body, AMIN acts as a united voice on national issues and the development of national policy. With representatives from each state and territory, AMIN is also equipped to assist these bodies to tackle local issues with the experience and support of its fellow members
AMIN works across several areas including:
- Advocacy and lobbying within and on behalf of the industry at a national level;
- Marketing and promotion of the Australian contemporary music industry internationally;
- Delivery of national projects such as CONTROL – The Business of Music Management and RELEASE -The Business of Independent Label Management
- Industry specific research to grow the knowledge base of AMIN and the member organisations.
- Negotiation with music related businesses, such as travel agents, airlines, hire car companies and hotels, to offer discounts and benefits for members
Since its inception AMIN has:
- In an Australian first, brokered national travel discounts (airfares, hotels and car hire) and a dedicated travel portal for Australian musicians through Travel Beyond
- Leveraged excess baggage for musicians through Virgin Australia and QANTAS
- Provided intensive business mentorships and workshops to over 55 music managers, through its CONTROL – The Business of Music Management program
- Provided intensive business mentorships and workshops to 15 independent label owners, through its RELEASE – The Business of Independent Label Management program
- Expanded international activity expanded through a partnership with the Sounds Australia initiative
- Played a key role in developing export opportunities in major foreign music markets through a long-running presence at significant industry events including CMW (Canada), SxSW (USA), MIDEM (France), WOMEX (Europe) and CMJ (USA).
- Maintained a presence at key national industry events including BIGSOUND (Brisbane), Face The Music/AWME (Melbourne), APRA AMCOS Awards (Sydney) and Music Australia’s Industry Roundtable.