A creative and sustainable music culture for all.
MusicNSW is the state music body in NSW. We are a not-for-profit organisation, funded by Create NSW.
MusicNSW empowers and connects artists and industry. We do this through a range of programs and services, including Sound Advice, our Regional team and Touring Network and First Nations Music Development.
MusicNSW believes that a sustainable and thriving music community in NSW is essential for telling the stories of our people. Music gives voice to our existence, enriches our lives, shows us who we are, and brings our communities together.
Enabling musicians to share our many stories with the world is the core value underpinning our activities. MusicNSW’s programs and services empower and develop our music communities so that diverse NSW artists and industry can thrive locally, across Australia, and internationally.
MusicNSW empowers musicians and industry through:
- Professional and skills development opportunities
- Providing access to cutting-edge knowledge, ideas and information for self-learning
- Giving trusted advice and appropriate referrals
MusicNSW connects musicians and industry through:
- General and tailored networking events
- Showcasing industry leaders to emerging and mid-career musicians
- Profiling industry professionals to our membership
- Bringing industry together for facilitated consultation
MusicNSW works on the land of the Gadigal people. We pay respect to Elders past and present and extend those respects to the First Nations peoples of NSW and beyond. Always was and always will be Aboriginal land.
We're a member of AMIN
We, along with Music Victoria, WAM, QMusic, Music NT, Music Tasmania, Music SA and Music ACT, are a member of the Australian Music Industry Network (AMIN). Together we form a national platform to represent the contemporary music industry in Australia.