MusicNSW is seeking 5 regional music professionals to join the MusicNSW team to deliver development opportunities and work to expand touring circuits across regional NSW.
The roles will provide on-the-ground tailored support for regional musicians, venues and live music professionals to grow regional touring capacity and opportunities.
One regional manager will work with four regional coordinators to provide regionally-driven professional development, grant support, and touring resources, culminating each year with five tours across regional NSW.
Applications have now closed. Stay tuned for more information.
About MusicNSW & the Regional Program
MusicNSW is the state music body in NSW. We are a not-for-profit organisation. MusicNSW empowers and connects artists and industry. We do this through a range of programs and services, including Sound Advice and our regional program.
MusicNSW has been running the regional music program since 2019 when it first started as a pilot project in the South Coast, Southern Tablelands and Riverina regions. In 2021 the program expanded to Northern Rivers, Mid-North Coast, Arts North West and Arts OutWest before wrapping up in June 2022.
We have secured four-year funding for the program and will be employing five regional music experts to work collaboratively across NSW to provide on-the-ground tailored support for regional musicians, venues and live music professionals to grow local touring capacity and increase touring opportunities.
Our vision for the Regional Music Program is to increase contemporary music touring activity, expand networks, and build industry knowledge in regional NSW by supporting capacity-building of artists and industry professionals living and working in regional areas.
MusicNSW is seeking to fill 5 positions:
1 x Regional Manager (4 days/week)
4 x Regional Coordinators (2 days/week with potential to increase to 3 days)
- To empower, develop and connect regional musicians, industry and infrastructure
- To ensure regional music communities have access to professional development and funding opportunities
- Grow touring opportunities and activities for local music industry professionals
- Develop and support existing regional touring networks
- Ensure regional music communities have a voice and are connected to local, state and federal advocacy
- Help grow access to live original music for young people (12-25)
- Work with councils, venues, schools, conservatoriums, Regional Arts Development Organisations (RADOs) and other organisations to increase performance opportunities for locals artists
- Applications Open: Wednesday 30 November, 2022
- Applications Close: Tuesday 31 January, 2023, 12am Midnight (AEDT)
- Start Date: March 1 2023
Note: These roles are maximum term contracts commencing from 1st March 2023 – 31st December 2026.