MusicNSW is pleased to announce the 15 artists selected for its 2023 program supporting five tours in regional NSW.
The following artists were selected from an EOI process that called for regionally based artists interested in participating in one of five “sister cities” tours in late 2023:
- Andy Nelson (Wiradjuri land, Bathurst)
- Austyn Jane (Gumbaynggirr land, High Range)
- Blind Pretty (Gumbaynggirr land, Tamban)
- Calico (Yuin land, Nowra)
- Fitzroy Lee, Feat. Fluxa (Gumbaynggirr land, Nambucca Heads)
- Hayley Grace & The Bay Collective (Bundjalung land, Mullumbimby)
- Lucky Day (Wanaruah land, Muswellbrook)
- Magpie Diaries (Wonnarua land, Lower Belford)
- Mandy Hawkes (Bundjalung land, Alstonville)
- Mayfair Lane (Walbunja land, Batemans Bay)
- Prodikal-1 (Djiringang land, Wallaga Lake)
- Robyn Martin (Djiringang land, Candelo)
- Sky Eater (Bundjalung land, Coorabell)
- Tanuki Band (Gumbaynggirr land, Bellingen)
- Yt DiNGO (Gumbaynggirr land, Halfway Creek)
Further details on the five tours will be released soon.
MusicNSW Regional Manager Dave Burgener said:
“Congratulations to the selected artists. We were really impressed with the number and calibre of applicants. It speaks volumes about regional talent and the appetite to tour regional NSW.”
We look forward to working with these artists to deliver some great shows across the state and shine a light on the NSW music scene.”
Original artists based in regional NSW were invited to apply for the regional touring opportunity, which is in its first year and led by the newly formed team of MusicNSW Regional Coordinators. MusicNSW is working across the state to increase contemporary music touring, expand artists and industry networks, and build on existing industry knowledge in regional NSW.
MusicNSW is supported by Create NSW.