Insurance - MusicNSW

Insurance for musicians comes in two key areas – equipment insurance and public liability insurance.

If you’re playing a lot of gigs and your equipment means something to you – get it insured. Even if you have home and contents insurance you may want to look into getting cover for your equipment separately. Check your policy – a lot of insurance brokers have an exclusion clause that stipulates that if you derive income from a piece of equipment it is excluded from household cover.

Public liability insurance is a part the general insurance system of risk financing to protect the insured from the risks of liabilities imposed by lawsuits and similar claims. It protects those with insurance in the event he or she is sued for claims that come within the coverage of the insurance policy.

Performers and other music industry practitioners operate in an environment where there is the potential to affect third parties (members of the public, sub-contractors, etc) who may be physically injured or have their property damaged. Public liability insures the insured against the risks involved in public performance. Below are a number of insurance companies who offer public liability and/ or equipment insurance specifically to musicians and the music industry.

Competitive Public Liability Options

Action Insurance
Action insurance offer the “Perform Sure” policy which covers performers, bands, music groups who are booked to perform and earn under $150,000 per annum.

Action Insurance “Perform Sure”

Level 3 “Darlington Towers”
200 Riley St,
Darlinghurst NSW 2010
02 9211 6111
02 9211 7790

Aon is the approved and recommended insurance partner of, and offer discounted insurance to members of APRA. This insurance includes Public liability for individual musicians, bands and performing groups as well as cover for your instruments and equipment. Get a quote and buy online with Aon at or give them a call on 1800 806 584.



Aon are entertainment insurance specialists and provide comprehensive, tailored and well-priced insurance to those who work in the Entertainment industry. This includes performers and entertainers (incl. musicians), bands and groups, equipment & instrument insurance, audio and visual technicians, music teachers, dancers, photographers, cinematographers, event organisers and a variety of one-off and annual events, photographers, cinematographers.



Aon Bands & Performing Groups Insurance

Aon Instrument & Equipment Insurance

1800 806 584

Marsh Insurance only offer public liability insurance as part of their Musical equipment insurance policy.

Marsh Musical Equipment Insurance

Level 1
87 Marsden Street
Parramatta NSW 2150
02 8864 8888
02 8864 7333