Are you under 25 and passionate about all-ages music?
MusicNSW is on the lookout for a young gun to help develop and lead a committee of the next generation of NSW’s music industry. Made up of excellent music minds aged 12-25, the committee will advise MusicNSW about our programs tailored for young people, as well as help us develop an exciting new all-ages music program we’re launching in 2019.
This role will include:
• Establishing MusicNSW’s Committee for Young People through the development of a database of young people relevant to the contemporary music industry and artists in Sydney, Western Sydney and Regional NSW
• Working with MusicNSW to review and finalise the 2019 committee members
• Working with MusicNSW to arrange and chair quarterly meetings with the committee
• Liaising with key stakeholders such as FBi Radio, 107 Projects, Oxford Art Factory, etc.
• Compiling meeting reports for MusicNSW
• Managing ongoing communication with the committee
• Working with the committee to deliver a series of all-ages events, as well as working with MusicNSW’s programming team to program our events such as Feedback
We’d like the Young People Committee Coordinator to start as soon as possible. The role will be paid $250/day, and work 1 day per week from our offices in Glebe across a 6-month period.
Role: Young People Committee Coordinator
Contract period & Start date:
Part-time, 1 day per week
ASAP – JUNE 2019
Travel around NSW may be a necessary part of this role. All accommodation and travel expenses will be covered by MusicNSW, including modest per diems.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in the Music Industry
• Existing connections with young people in the contemporary music industry
• Relationship-building experience
This role has been designed for someone aged 25 years old or younger. While we will consider applications from people outside of this age bracket, our preference is to ensure this committee is led by young people.
If you’re interested in finding out more about this role, please get in touch with Laura Murdoch at MusicNSW through email@example.com by January 4, 2019.
Please note we will be accepting expressions of interest over the summer break and will be back in touch in mid-January 2019.