MusicNSW is looking for music-mad young people to be part of the NSW music industry’s next wave
Applications are now open for the MusicNSW Young People Committee, a volunteer youth-powered task force focused on representing young gig-goers aged 12-25. The YPC works to promote a vibrant all-ages gig-going culture in the state, while developing the skills and career pathways of its members.
Applications are open to young people aged between 12 and 25.
AS A YPC MEMBER YOU WILL:
- receive mentoring in event programming and production, booking, radio-making, marketing and content;
- meet experts working in artist management, publicity, labels, radio and more;
- gain hands-on experience in putting on shows and working with some rad acts as part of our NEW NOW all-ages gig series; and
- have the opportunity to work on our other youth-focused projects such as FEEDBACK - a music conference for young people.
But on top of this you’ll also set the course for the committee’s activities and focus, working as a team to identify opportunities for growing and supporting the all-ages event scene in NSW.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- be engaged in online music communities;
- have a good knowledge of local and wider music trends;
- have ambitions to work in the music industry; and
- be passionate about improving the all-ages gig-going culture in NSW.
The YPC will get together for 4 committee meetings across 2020 and will participate in delivering 7 all-ages live music events as part of MusicNSW’s NEW NOW series.
It is expected that successful applicants will attend a minimum of
- 2 committee meetings and
- 4 NEW NOW events.
Committee Meeting dates TBC // NEW NOW events: 22 Feb, 21 Mar, 18 Apr, 23 May, 20 Jun, 18 Jul, 22 Aug (all 2-10pm in Redfern)
Applications are open to young people aged between 12 and 25. 12 to 18 year-olds are especially encouraged to apply.
Appplications close midnight Tuesday 10 March.