Image credit: Paigge Warton
With so many people in our sector taking a massive hit to their livelihoods in the wake of the Coronavirus, the MusicNSW COVID-19 Resource Register is a hub for resources, support and information to help you navigate this once-in-a-lifetime challenge.
If you come across a really useful resource we may have missed please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you or someone you know needs extra support, Support Act offers crisis relief services for artists, crew and music workers. You can also call their Well-being Helpline on 1800 959 500.
TEMPLATE LETTER TO YOUR MP
A template letter from I Lost My Gig Australia to send to your State and Federal MPs showing your support for the proposed bailout package
GOVERNMENT AID PACKAGES
- Whole package breakdown, The Guardian: CLICK HERE
- Coronavirus Centrelink supplement payment info, ABC News: CLICK HERE
- Second stimulus package: What You Need To Know (from the VMDO): CLICK HERE
- Income support for INDIVIDUALS: FACT SHEET HERE
- Support for BUSINESS: INFO HERE
If you've lost your job or a substantial part of your income we strongly suggest you commence the process for registering for payments from Centrelink.
Check your eligibility: CLICK HERE
Tips for applying for Jobseeker: CLICK HERE
ARTS LAW COVID-19 FAQ FOR ARTISTS
Answers to some of the most common questions Arts Law Centre of Australia has received from artists and arts organisations.
THE AT HOME SESSIONS
Online opportunities to collaborate, network and upskill thanks to APRA AMCOS
MUTUAL AID DATABASE
A searchable state-by-state database of informal mutual aid groups
Looking for help? Or keen to lend a hand? #viralkindness is an online hub for the rapidly proliferating community care groups. Powered by GetUp!
Facebook group offering up the transferrable skills of the arts workers for odd-job needs – AirTasker but for the arts community.
DOCTORS WITHOUT BABYSITTERS
A private Facebook group aimed at matching doctors in need of childcare with creatives in need of work.
Geographically organised P2P register of help needed and help available.
CORONAVIRUS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
A general COVID-19 information and resource page by GetUp!
FREE EVENT TECHNOLOGY TRAINING, TUTORIALS & WORKSHOPS
A list of all free event tech training being offered during the crisis – skill up while you're locked down.
COVID-19 OPERATIONAL PLANNING GUIDELINES: COURSE
Online learning modules developed by the World Health Organisation to help countries scale up their COVID-19 preparedness.
THE SOUND OF SILENCE
A national industry initiative to raise funds for Support Act and CrewCare.
An events initiative established to counter the narrative that meeting places are dangerous in anticipation of the "all clear" from authorities once the threat has passed.
FRIENDS OF FUZZY DIRECTORY
A list of resources and ways you can help struggling live events workers and make it through yourself.
SUPPORT FOR GIG PHOTOGRAPHERS
A roll call of some wonderful Sydney & Melbourne gig photographers who you can support through direct print purchases. From Time Out.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT COVID-19 INFORMATION
NSW-specific coronavirus advice as well as information from the Federal Health Department.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
- SMART TRAVELLER – Travel news and updates
- HOME AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT – Current travel alerts
- COUNCIL OF AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENTS (COAG) HEALTH
- HEAD TO HEALTH – Digital mental health resources
- AUSTRALIAN TREASURY – Business and investment info
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION – Mass gatherings advice
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION – Mass gathering key planning recommendations
- GOVERNMENT OF CANADA – Mass gatherings risk assessment
- NEW ZEALAND MINISTRY OF HEALTH – Advice for public events
- CENTRE FOR DISEASE CONTROL
- DHHS – Preparing workplaces for COVID-19